Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Ranting



So lately I have been thinking, why is it so bad that I'm white? 
What I mean is today it feels like the norm is, your not beautiful if your not tan. I mean I know I'm a little paler than normal. But seriously. 
It's like today everyone is obsessed with being skinny and tan. 
Then when you happen to be skinny everyone gets mad at you. And when your too pale, they tell you to go to a tanning booth. 
I don't mean to say that tanning makes you ugly. Because if done right, you can look great. Like my friend Natalya, she tans and it looks good on her. But my theory is that if I tanned as much as others would have me do, it wouldn't look natural on me. 
This is why I think being pale is beautiful. It's natural. 
Of course I'm also not saying to avoid going outside and getting some color. But for some of us, its hard to just get tan from going outside. I really do think my legs are albino because I could spend all summer outside and my legs would stay the same shade of neon white. 

So I guess the point I'm trying to make is that I can be beautiful whether I tan or stay super pale. 
And I actually prefer being pale. 




No comments:

Post a Comment