Monday, November 26, 2012

A Year Ago Today...

A year ago today I went through the temple for the first time. 
I can honestly say it was one of the most powerful experiences in my life, and here's why:

This was Thanksgiving weekend, so Saturday night was when my session was scheduled. 
Friday came and I was feeling awful. I was sick through my bridal shower and I kept feeling worse. 
Friday night we were finalizing the wedding announcements to be sent and I couldn't help, I was so miserable. My dad got home and was asking how I felt with the session being the next day, I felt so bad inside thinking I would have to post-pone it. 
Then my dad and fiance offered to give me a priesthood blessing. 
I was blessed that I would be able to go to the session the next day, with good health and ability to feel the spirit. The spirit was so strong with me at this experience. 
So Saturday morning comes and I'm feeling OK. We had appointments to plan the wedding, like cake testing and such so I stayed busy all day. 
We finally get to the temple and I feel fine. Of course I have a little cough here and there, but I was good. 
Throughout the session I kept a prayer in my heart, thanking the Lord but also asking to keep the spirit with me. Because of this I had one of my most powerful experiences. The spirit was so strong with me and although I didn't fully retain everything I knew that it was true because of the confirmation I received from the spirit. 
The next day was Sunday, and JT and I were flying back to Rexburg to finish the semester before our wedding. I woke up that morning and felt just as bad as I did Friday. But I wasn't upset, I was grateful. I know that the Lord blessed me and helped me have good health in order to fully be present at the temple the day before. 

Sadly it was dark & rainy when we came out so I didn't get a picture on this special day

This experience has strengthened my testimony so much. I'm so grateful for the priesthood and that my husband is a worthy priesthood holder. I'm also grateful for the temples we have today, that make it possible for worthy members to participate in the sacred ordinances and covenants. But most importantly, I'm grateful for the Savior and Heavenly Father, for all they do for me in answering my prayers and guiding me in life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment