Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A Review of 2012

This past year has been pretty exciting, as any other newlywed's year would be! 

We got married right before the new year, then moved into our apartment together in St. Anthony, Idaho! We have loved living together and decorating our home. 

This year we had a lot of opportunities to visit the Walker family in Washington:

Which gave us the experience of acting as a couple in the youth trek trip

And our second Christmas together!

We were also blessed with the opportunity to visit the Dewey family in Virginia, giving me a first time touching the Atlantic ocean! 

We also got to see the Dewey's when they came to Idaho in October to celebrate the life of JT's grandpa, Jay Dell Butler.

This year I learned more about cooking and even mastered a couple of recipes!

I also turned 21 this year! But I don't drink so I haven't noticed any difference...

We got to go to JT's sister Paige's graduation from BYU then see her leave for her 18-month mission in Las Vegas!

I got to see two of my best friends get married in the temple!
{Natalya and Aaron Peet}
{Melissa and Logan Green}
We got to see Bill Cosby and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir perform in Rexburg

Pax, my sister's boyfriend, got baptized and received the Aaronic priesthood

We had tons of date nights with these newlyweds!

We got to vote for the president for the first time! (JT was on his mission during the last election)
 

It was my first time away from home for Thanksgiving, we were blessed to spend it with the Udall family in Montana. 

And we spent our 1-year anniversary in Portland! (since the world didn't end)


Overall 2012 was great and we have learned a lot together as a married couple. We are so excited for what 2013 has in store for us, especially our graduations (Kj:April, JT:December)! We are also nervous for what this year has in store, since graduating always brings its surprises, deciding if we move for a job or apply for graduate school, for JT? I guess time will tell where we go.

We have started by setting both personal and couple goals, most are personal so won't be shared here but they are written down! Which I have learned makes them more likely to happen. 

I hope everyone had a great 2012 like us! Hopefully 2013 treats us the same, or better! 

No comments:

Post a Comment