Sunday, January 20, 2013

Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup

So like I have said before, I'm taking a Practical Homemaking course this semester. For this class we go through three rotations, cooking, home decor, and sewing. My first rotation is cooking. This past week we learned how to make noodles from scratch! This is something I have wanted to learn because I have always loved my moms noodles. 

For homework for this class, after we learn something we have to make a meal at home using the new skills. So I decided to make my mom's awesome recipe, chicken noodle soup with homemade noodles. 




It turned out great, but I found a couple problems that I hope to do better with next time:

  • The noodles stuck to the counter after letting them sit for a little bit, so I might want to add more flour next time. 
  • I didn't add quite enough water.
I even got JT's approval! Chicken Noodle Soup isn't his favorite, but he liked this one and said it's better than Campbells! Although it's not the best compliment because he doesn't like Campbells very much. 

1 comment: