Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Domesticated Me

Before I got married I hardly cared about cooking, unless it involved cookies. But somehow getting married changes you. I'm always finding recipes on pinterest, blogs, my mom...and now my homemaking class. I have learned some great tips and techniques and they have helped me better cook for JT. I have also gotten excited to go buy things like a standing hand mixer to make cream soups. 

My most recent experiments:
(please excuse some of the bad quality pictures, that's what you get with a cell phone's camera I guess)

Cream of Potato Soup - from my cook book, also served with Rhodes rolls
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles - found through pinterest, find recipe here
Chicken Taco Casserole - found through pinterest, find recipe here
Two Crust Pie (Apple) - I had to make this for my homemaking class for homework, the dough is the Lion House recipe and the filling is Western family pie filling with cinnamon. Now I just need to put foil on the sides so it doesn't brown so much.
Basic Roll Recipe - this was big for me, I have never been able to make the dough right, but it finally worked!


Not Pictured:

Rice Pudding - for an assignment in my homemaking class, the recipe is from my teacher and was surprisingly good!

Cream Puffs - JT's new favorite and it's surprisingly easy! Recipe also from my homemaking teacher.



No comments:

Post a Comment