Sunday, October 13, 2013

Hiking in Montana

This weekend we went on an adventure, to Montana. As some might remember, last Thanksgiving we were in Bozeman, Montana with our friend Kyle and his family, and we decided to go back with friends this weekend. 

We drove up Friday, went on one of the hardest hikes I have ever experienced, then drove back on Sunday morning to speak in church. What an adventure!

Beautiful view throughout the hike, it reminds me of home!
Approaching this part I got excited, thinking we were done because I was so exhausted. Nope. It was the half-way point!

FINALLY! The summit. The view was worth it. 




During the hike I really struggled. I'm out of shape, don't have an inhaler for my asthma, and my hernia bugs me sometimes. So going all uphill the whole (almost) 3 miles was a struggle. Luckily I had my amazing husband who stayed behind with me to help me breath and take breaks. It's little things like this that make me so grateful for him. JT really is the one for me, no one else is more patient than he is with me. How did I get so lucky!?
After making it back down.

For some reason Kyle and Dylan decided it would be fun to dip their heads in the river...


On the drive home we had a surprise. SNOW. And lots of it! It was kind of terrifying and sad to see so much snow in October. It started probably a half hour after we left Kyle's parents place in Bozeman and stopped around Island Park. We are happy it didn't snow in Rexburg but it does worry me that there was so much snow this early in the season!

I hope everyone else had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment