Thursday, January 23, 2014

Baby Update

Since my last post we have had a couple more doctor appointments, including one most recently to find out the gender of Baby Dewey! We have also slowly noticed my baby bump growing!

{We took this picture right after we found out we were pregnant, at 4 weeks.} 

17 weeks. Baby is the size of an onion! Some people don't think it's much, but to me everytime I look down I see a bigger belly, a baby belly.

At the beginning of my 18 week mark I had my next doctor's appointment. It was just a simple check-up with my first blood test. I have noticed that throughout my whole pregnancy little things are different, like I'm always fatigued. I have always been a tired person, but usually resulting from not enough sleep and too much stress at school. But I'm not in school and I always get at least 9-10 hours of sleep. So I got the results back on my blood tests, and the baby is healthy! But apparently I have a thyroid problem, and a symptom is fatigue, so it's not just my pregnancy! It's my hormones! After a couple days on medication for it I started to notice a difference and have started feeling better, more myself.  

On the last day of my 18 week mark I felt my first real baby movement. My mom told me that if I wasn't sure, to press on where the movement was to see if the baby was kicking there. I did it and baby was kicking back on my pressure! It was such an awesome and weird moment. Everyday after that I started noticing babies movements more and more, even starting to notice some patterns in the movement. And sometimes I feel like baby is moving too much!

I made my next doctor's appointment quickly after my 18 week appointment, at 20 weeks. Why? Because that was the earliest my doctors would let me get my second ultrasound to see what kind of human is growing inside of me! 


It was very evident during the ultrasound that this little one is a BOY! And wow does he love to move around, throughout the ultrasound we could see him moving, which was nice for the ultrasound tech so she could check all the parts of him. And it was quite beautiful to see him moving around, seeing the heart beating, his arms moving around and covering his face, and seeing the ultrasound tech check the blood flow in the arteries. We have a healthy boy growing inside of me! With all the blood tests and ultrasounds he appears healthy and on track with his development at 20 weeks. Although, he does appear to be in the 55th percentile for size, so a little on the small side which makes perfect sense since his mom is so short.


And I'm sure many of you might be wondering what we plan on naming our little boy, and you are just going to have to wait and find out! We started picking names for our kids when we were engaged to be married, so we have a few names in mind but have decided to wait on picking which name to use until we meet him. 

1 comment: