Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Feeling Beautiful in Pregnancy

Feeling beautiful can sometimes be hard when you are in the third trimester of your pregnancy. You are constantly gaining weight, on top of the weight you have already gained, you find new stretch marks weekly, and you constantly feel uncomfortable-like you can't function like a normal person uncomfortable. 

Saying this, I don't want anyone thinking I'm not excited for our little boy to join us. I am THRILLED! But lately I have really felt pregnant. Especially starting as someone who has never struggled with feeling "big". This is where people tell me I can't complain, or that it is just because I'm pregnant. I know this! But I still feel big, and not quite as pretty as I did before, although my wonderful husband is constantly doing his best to make me feel beautiful.

So when I decided to model for a maternity workshop while visiting home, I seriously considered how I felt about it. Not only would I be taking pictures with one photographer, but she would be teaching other photographers who would also be taking pictures of me! That is a lot to consider.

I found out about the opportunity because I follow Jennifer Wilcox Photography on Facebook, she happens to be someone I have known for almost 10 years because she is a member of my church back at home, and I babysat for her! She announced they needed some models for a workshop she was hosting in Puyallup, Washington the day after my sisters wedding, when I happened to be in town! So they picked me to model and it was a great experience. Not only did I learn a lot from modeling as they were teaching one another, but they made me feel beautiful. 


Throughout the session they were complimenting me on how great I look. Luckily I was only 31 weeks pregnant at the time, usually you are a few weeks farther ahead when you take maternity pictures, so I wasn't swollen and I had a few less stretch marks than I do now. The instructor was Briony, from Briony Hope Photography, an instructor from Colorado who is experienced with maternity photography. She did a great job of making me feel comfortable and beautiful throughout the session. I hadn't felt that beautiful in so long!

As you can see I wasn't completely covered for most of the pictures. The point of maternity pictures is to show the baby bump and the beauty of motherhood. And these photographers do such a wonderful job of doing so! So here are a few of my favorites from both Jennifer and Briony. 
(I never took any pictures where my privates weren't covered, for anyone worried about what pictures they might see)

From Jennifer:







From Briony:





Today is also my 37 week mark, which according to my pregnancy apps means I am full term! Which is insane! I don't feel like we will actually be parents sometime in the next few weeks. We are excited but it is weird to think about. I'm also finishing my job right now, only a few days left then I'll just relax until he joins our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment