Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Jonas: Month Two

If you can believe it, Jonas is now 2 months old! And he's such a big boy!! Today at the doctor's appointment he measured right under 2 feet and weighing 12 pounds, 5.5 ounces. That means he has gained 4 pounds since birth!




I have been quite fortunate with the pictures I have been able to capture of little Jonas. He makes some very amusing faces! But he has also been smiling a lot more, it warms my heart! Whenever he gives me a hard night I immediately forget once he smiles at me. He still doesn't sleep through the night, so he is still in our room and usually sleeping on my chest. Hopefully in the next month or two we can try to start doing some sleep training, or at least I will try to stop co-sleeping. 

It is funny to me that I co-sleep so often. Studying child development and behavior I was always one of those "I won't ever do that as a parent". Now I co-sleep like I believed I would never do. I'm scared I'll also be a little bit of a push-over, too. Hopefully JT can be more of the instigator as Jonas grows. 

Here are some of the many, many pictures we have taken in the last month, and some of the fun things we have done!


Jonas makes very big yawns when he's tired. He also sometimes wears clothes that resemble his dad.


First time at IHOP, obviously he loved it.


He still loves to sleep on our chest, especially mom's. Usually as soon as I lift him to put him in his bed he wakes up, that's why he always ends up co-sleeping with us.


Jonas's first carousel ride! 


We bought a car! Yay for safe baby cars!


Sunday Best.


This month we have had more poo explosions. (The above picture was right before he pooped on Aunt Brittany on her birthday). He also loves to pee while we are changing his diaper or giving him a bath.


He loves to be held, which can make game night difficult and more enjoyable at the same time.


BIG smiles after bath time!


Playing Skyrim with dad.


He is obsessed with staring at me, apparently. He woke up from napping next to me in bed, I wanted to eat lunch before I fed him so while I was sitting eating my sandwich he just starred at me the entire time. I felt like if he could talk he would say something along the lines of "I'm patiently waiting for you to finish eating so I can eat, mom."


Trying out the bumbo for the first time!


Lately he has loved hanging out in his mamaroo swing! I love it because it gives me the opportunity to be productive.


This is one of the pictures from our time at Rexburg Rapids, more about that on the previous blog posting. This picture does perfectly show how Jonas acts in public though, he still gets knocked out. 


Since Jonas is so big he is now in size TWO diapers, at least in the pampers swaddlers (the only diapers we use, they are amazing).


This may seem like a weird picture, but I noticed the other night his eyelashes have gotten a lot longer and thicker! 


First time bowling. While baby wearing.


And that has been Jonas's second month of life!

I've had a few people ask how we have adjusted to being parents, how my recovery has been, and if I feel fulfilled being a new stay-at-home mom. I think the best answer is it's hard sometimes, and we are learning, but it definitely is fulfilling!

I have started to work out, trying to tighten up and lose the last 10 pounds of my baby weight. Sometimes I get very self-conscious and upset about how my body has changed. But other times I'm not as upset. My body held a growing human for 9 months! And he is healthy and happy, so it was worth losing what I now consider my hot, before-baby body. This last month I have also started making more personal goals for things I can do to improve myself and give myself more to do than sit around watching TV and caring for Jonas all day. I do at least one chore a day, like deep cleaning the stove or bathroom. I'm also reading more, about an hour a day. But sometimes I'm lucky if I can get that much time to read. I'm also working on developing some of my hobbies, like crafts and sewing. 

Parenthood is definitely something that you constantly have to work at and learn from, but it brings so many blessings and joy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment