Monday, June 22, 2015

First Time Homeowners

For those of you who hadn't already heard, JT and I are now officially homeowners! Technically we have been for a couple months...we closed at the end of April but have been very busy so I'm just now sharing pictures (and sorry they are not the best, they are from my iphone).


We bought this new, beautiful home in Rexburg, Idaho (yes we STILL live in Rexburg). It is in a new subdivision called Summerfield. We were lucky enough to find it before someone else grabbed it (like a couple days away from another family putting in an offer). It was built in 2014, so we are the first ones to own it. Hence the lack of grass or blinds, or AC.

{Jonas crawling around the living room when we were first going through the house}
{Closing Day}
{Jonas mastered the stairs while we were moving in}
{Napping on the big move-in day}
It is 1800 square feet- 4 bedrooms, 3 car garage, 2.5 bathrooms, 2 family rooms, and 1 beautiful kitchen! We are in love with our new home, and our new space. I have also loved filling our home with new decorations, I still have more to go, but I have made some great progress and it definitely feels like OUR home.

Starting upstairs:


Right up the stairs we have our family room, where JT stores his video games.


Down the hall from left to right we have the office, bathroom, guest bedroom, Jonas's room, and a linen closet. On the right is the entrance to the master bedroom.


Walking into our master bedroom.



Our master bathroom and walk-in closet. We love our bathroom because we have tons of storage, a large soaker bath/shower, and a small window above our shower to bring in natural light.



This is the office. JT has his computer desk and a corner for his guitar and amp. I have a desk for my laptop and a sewing/craft area. In the future, when we have baby #2, this will be Jonas's big boy room.


Guest/kid bathroom.


Guest bedroom.


Jonas's Nursery. I still have some more to do in here, like I want to get a teepee for by the bookshelf and some wall decals.


Downstairs Living Room, walking in from the front door sitting on the left. (sorry bad lighting)



I made the under the stairs storage space into a small toy room. It's mostly toy storage since Jonas doesn't play in here as much. But I'm still working on decorating it, so maybe he'll like playing in it as I do more with it.


Dining + Kitchen. This kitchen is why I fell in love with the home (after seeing all the gray), I love the white cabinets, the gas stove, high cabinets, pantry, and we bought the fridge.



Mud room, attached to our 3-car garage.


Half-bath, attached to the mud room.


Lastly, laundry room which also has the furnace room to the left. We eventually want to add cabinets above the washer and dryer.

We love our home! I still have a lot I want to do to decorate it and improve it, but we love it. And if anyone knows of a good place that sells curtains, I'm still looking for some cute orange and white ones for downstairs!

No comments:

Post a Comment