Thursday, April 20, 2017

Home Decor: Big Boy Room

We switched Jonas from the nursery to his new, big boy room when I entered my third trimester of pregnancy with Madeline. But with a tight budget it took me awhile to transform the room, but I am happy to say I am done! I should add that it also took longer because I originally wanted some of the furniture from IKEA, but the closest location to us is four hours away and their shipping is outrageous. So I finally decided to find similar options locally.


When I gave up on ideas of getting fun furniture from IKEA I settled on finding a normal twin bed, with a white frame. I ordered bedding for the bed from Target's website since they were having a sale, but then I couldn't find a good bed. We decided to check out a local store, Hidden Treasures which is about 40 minutes South of us. We found this cute bunk bed for a great price and decided to get it, if we have a third child Madeline and Jonas will probably share a room for a few years or it could also be another guest bed. We haven't gotten a mattress and bedding for it yet though, we don't want Jonas sleeping up there yet.


It only took me two months, but I finally put the decals on Jonas' walls! I shared a bit about them on my Instagram stories earlier this week. I got them from Urban Decals. I decided to do a fun, random pattern and I love how they turned out. Really adds that something extra the room needed!


I just love Target. Most of this room is from Target, haha. I also had fun making a little collage of fun things on his wall, the dinosaur is from the Pillowfort collection at Target, the ABC print I found on Pinterest but had JT make it so I didn't have to pay for it, the J is from a local decor shop, and the Rexburg temple print is from a BYUI student who sells them as a side business. I'm also adding family pictures, Jonas sometimes asks to bring them to bed at night, so sweet! You can also see his Tpee hiding in the corner, the room is a bit small so we don't leave it out all the time, which makes it more special when we do!



 I had fun putting this room together, especially since I broke out of my normal gray and blue/pink colors a bit.

1 comment:

  1. It looks great!! I wish we had a teepee but we have no room either!

    ReplyDelete